Website £375 - £425 Per Day
Contract Android Developer – to £425pd – London
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
We’re looking for a senior Android contractor to join us and work alongside our existing senior Android developer. Paramount to the success of this hire will be a highly ambitious, driven and motivated personality with a strong work ethic and ability to show intelligence, strong programming logic and aptitude for absorbing new skills. You\’ll be working as part of a team that can offer flexibility, lots of team collaboration and a friendly environment.
You’ll also be responsible for maintaining the high quality our customers have come to expect from us. You’ll do this by caring about your work, being meticulous when testing your own code before sending it for peer review and you’ll be firm but fair when reviewing the work of others in the team. Like all of us, you’ll strive for self-improvement and will be provided with access to training resources as well as afforded time utilise them.
- Have a positive attitude to work, with the ability to learn quickly.
- Possess good trouble-shooting skills and have the perseverance to solve problems.
- Take pride in the quality of your work with strong attention to detail.
- Have the ability to work productively, both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Quickly pick up new work, switch between tasks and refocus as priorities change.
- Have a keen sense of responsibility and commitment to drive your own work. You see your code from development through to testing and on to production. You care about the success of your development and proactively monitor for issues and fix defects after release.
- Be focused and attentive to detail and have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Be friendly, have effective communication skills and enjoy working within a highly productive team. You enjoy discussions and collaboratively arriving at the optimal solution.
- Be smart, eager, humble and open-minded. You are receptive to feedback from your peers and have equal willingness to learn and teach.
- Design, code, analyse, and test systems for Android application(s).
- Carry out enhancements to our existing application(s).
- Analyse functional requirements.
- Understand technical architecture of application.
- Create low level design for intended functionality.
- Enhance or develop the functionality.
- Test and deploy.
- Update knowledge management procedures and handbooks.
- At least three years’ commercial development experience in Android.
- Deep understanding of modern Android development techniques, Android SDK and Android Studio.
- Object-oriented programming fundamentals and experience with common OO design patterns.
- Strong interest in native Android development and solving problems with native solutions.
- Resourceful and proactive about being up-to-date with industry standards.
- Adept clean coder and creator of performant code.
- Experience with source control systems, preferably Git.
- Experience consuming a JSON API.
- Effective communication skills.
- Proficient at using Android Studio.
- Experience with Jenkins.
- Logical thinking and always on the lookout for the possible application of SOLID principles to solve problems.
- Understanding of Dependency Injection and Unit Testing Skills such as mocking.
- Understanding of commonly used software patterns such as MVP and listener/subscriber.
- Experience working with UI Testing frameworks and caching mechanisms.
- Experience working with third-party libraries such as RxJava and Retrofit.
- Demonstrable exposure to object-oriented design principles and eager to continuously improve.
- Experience working with Jira.
** this role contains content of an adult nature **
The services of ABrecruit are those of an employment agency.