Website £55000 - £65000 Per Annum
Development Manager (.Net team) – London – to £65k
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Your primary responsibility is to the people on your teams: ensuring that the individuals are growing as engineers, doing valuable work and generally having a wonderful time doing so. Additionally, you will be responsible for keeping your team efficient and leading continuous improvement of delivery processes.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop software using the best techniques available in a fast-moving product-centric environment. The ideal Development Manager will have experience as a software developer before moving into leadership / management positions, as well as a successful track record of working on software projects.
- Love developing and growing people.
- Believe in building both teams and products that scale by thinking ahead and building for the future.
- Be friendly, have excellent communication skills and enjoy working with a small, highly productive team.
- Possess excellent organisational skills.
- Have strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Enjoy resolving complex issues.
- Be open to innovative ideas and creative solutions.
- Relish creating detailed plans and proposals.
- Be calm under pressure.
- Be a strong influencer.
- Be focused and attentive to detail with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Be smart, eager, humble and open-minded.
- Be a self-starter, full of ideas and motivated to see things through.
- Advocating and guiding the professional, technical & personal development of your engineers.
- Build a culture to bring the best out of your team by inspiring them and building strong relationships at all levels.
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, and recognise the individual strengths and contributions of your team members.
- Participate in and contribute to technology and architecture discussions.
- Partner effectively with Product, User Experience design and agile delivery to ensure appropriate balance of technical priorities. Help the team focus on delivering delight for our customers.
- Maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-impact products and shipping things quickly.
- Instil a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s code, architecture, and processes by ensuring the quality of development using (but not limited to) coding standards, documentation and unit testing.
- Providing guidance and assistance to colleagues in any aspect of program design, creation, testing and documentation.
- Working with the Product Director, IT Director, Business Analyst and Developers to define the vision and technical direction.
- Maintain effective communications with team members, key stakeholders, senior management throughout the duration of the project.
- Collaborating with the Project Manager to effectively track the project and at any time be prepared to report on a project’s status to senior management, and ensuring proactive, timely reporting if not on target.
- Experience in leading, coaching and mentoring engineering teams and delivering working software together with them while maintaining strong morale, focus and efficiency.
- Strong people-management skills, with proven experience of motivating developers and managing their performance.
- Possess the interpersonal skills to explain concepts from board level to junior developer and
- so to turn ideas into action on the ground.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and listening skills.
- Can prioritise and the focus to manage multiple deliveries in different areas.
- Be from a development background and possess hands-on experience of some or all: C#, .Net, Angular JS, Objective C, Swift, Java, MySql, MS SQL.
- A passion for all aspects of software development from design through refining.
- An eye for detail and proven organisational skills with the ability to foresee potential pitfalls before they arise.
- Strong debugging, troubleshooting, testing and peer reviewing skills
- Experience of Agile project management such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience in supporting requirements gathering.
- A good understanding of SQL and database design.
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders with different goals, objectives and aspirations.
** this role contains content of an adult nature **
The services of ABrecruit are those of an employment agency.