Website £20000 - £30000 Per Annum
Junior iOS Developer – Dating – to £30k
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
We’re looking for a junior iOS developer to join us to learn from and work alongside our senior iOS developer. Paramount to the success of this hire will be a highly ambitious, driven and motivated personality, able to show intelligence, strong programming logic and aptitude for taking instruction and absorbing new skills. You\’ll be working as part of a team that can offer flexibility, lots of team collaboration and a friendly environment.
You’ll also be responsible for maintaining the high quality our customers have come to expect from us. You’ll do this by caring about your work, being meticulous when testing your own code before sending it for peer review and you’ll be firm but fair when reviewing the work of others in the team. Like all of us, you’ll strive for self-improvement and will be provided with access to training resources as well as afforded time utilise them.
- Have a positive attitude to work, with the ability to learn quickly.
- Possess good trouble-shooting skills and have the perseverance to solve problems.
- Take pride in the quality of your work with strong attention to detail.
- Have the ability to work productively, both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Quickly pick up new work, switch between tasks and refocus as priorities change.
- Have a keen sense of responsibility and commitment to drive your own work. You see your code from development through to testing and on to production. You care about the success of your development and proactively monitor for issues and fix defects after release.
- Be focused and attentive to detail and have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Be friendly, have effective communication skills and enjoy working within a highly productive team. You enjoy discussions and collaboratively arriving at the optimal solution.
- Be smart, eager, humble and open-minded. You are receptive to feedback from your peers and have equal willingness to learn and teach.
- Design, code, analyse, and test systems for iOS application(s).
- Carry out enhancements to our existing application(s).
- Analyse functional requirements.
- Understand technical architecture of application.
- Create low level design for intended functionality.
- Enhance or develop the functionality.
- Test and deploy.
- Update knowledge management procedures and handbooks.
- Strong interest in native iOS development.
- Strong motivation, inquisitiveness and the ability to solve tough problems on your own.
- Understanding of Swift / Objective C.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Logical thinking.
- Good analytics skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of the XCode development environment.
- Experience in both the Swift and Objective-C programming languages.
- Understanding of Auto-Layout and Size Classes.
- Experience working with iOS frameworks, caching mechanisms, JSON and REST APIs.
- An understanding of version Control (Git).
- Experience working with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Demonstrable exposure to object-oriented design principles.
- Experience working with Jira.
*PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE CONTAINS CONTENT OF AN ADULT NATURE*
The services of ABrecruit are those of an employment agency.