Website £25000 - £30000 Per Annum
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
We are looking for a Manual Functional Tester to join us and work alongside our existing software engineering and product teams. There are opportunities to develop in to the role of automation testing and grow your knowledge and experience working with the latest in web and mobile technologies.
We have ambitious plans for all our products this year and long into the future. Our success is driven by placing quality at the centre of what we do. Our development team is driven and highly motivated with a strong work ethic and we are looking to expand that team.
You will be able to demonstrate a high work effort and ability to show intelligence and an aptitude for absorbing new skills. You will be working as part of a team that can offer flexibility, lots of team collaboration and a friendly environment.
You will be responsible for developing the testing capability that delivers high quality to our customers. Quality will be built in to your DNA by caring about your work, being meticulous and not accepting the flawed or mediocre.
- You’re an excellent communicator who can converse with technical and non-technical individuals.
- You have a natural passion for quality, technology and making things better.
- You’re a champion of agile principles.
- You display an elevated level of attention to detail.
- You are confident in your own ability and are happy to share your knowledge and experience with others.
- You love problem solving through design and complex requirements don’t scare you.
- Developing test plans and writing functional and non-functional test cases for a wide range of software products and services.
- Develop a testing strategy from software requirements in an agile development environment.
- Working closely with the development and design teams to communicate issues and bugs.
- Engage in planning of new customer product features with other members of the team and translate this into a flexible test plan focused on areas of the highest value.
- Using JIRA daily to raise bugs.
- Contribute knowledge, tools, techniques and best practice to common testing tools and processes across the organisation to increase efficiency.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1+ years hands-on experience in testing.
- Knowledge of behaviour-driven development : BDD (Gherkin, Cucumber).
- Experience testing on one or more platforms e.g. browser, iOS, Android and knowledge of the differences between the range of browsers and operating systems.
- Experience in testing RESTful API.
- Strong understanding of software engineering process and development lifecycle.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, agile development environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in automation test suites.
- Awareness of the legislation (such as PCI or accessibility requirements) that may be present on our products and services, and understand how that impacts our testing.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field.
** PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE CONTAINS CONTENT OF AN ADULT NATURE, PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WITH THIS BEFORE APPLYING **