Website £60000 - £70000 Per Annum
Senior/Lead Software Engineer
In our view most digital products work well or look good. It seems like never both and it’s our ambition to change that. We are building a business that brings world leading technical excellence alongside incredible visual creatives and brand builders to be globally successful. While we are only in London we are looking to scale to other mega cities in the coming months.
Today, we are far from that. But this is what we hope you will help us achieve.
WHAT YOU’LL BE UP TO
Us being a start-up, means you will be joining a best in class tech team of 4. Which in turn means you will be able to make huge waves from day one. Every line of code you write will make a difference.
We already have a custom booking platform that provides a stepping stone, but what you see today is just a prototype. There is so much more we need to build and so much we need to improve.
We are excited to share our vision for the product with you, face to face, so you can better envisage what you will be up to and the kinds of technical challenges you will be solving.
For now, to give you a sense, here are the kinds of things you can expect to be doing:
- Contribute to the landscape of technology that will take our platform scale to multiple cities across the world.
- Working across the stack to scope out new tech and build new features and apps. Our product team is full of amazing ideas.
- This includes building a community platform for our testers and photographers, writing chat bots and building APIs to allow 3rd parties to integrate with us.
- We are nuts about data. We aim to collect a lot more and leverage fundamental insights that shapes our business. If you have any machine learning interests, that would be a huge bonus.
- Extending our core product that includes payments, calendar sync, search algorithms, messaging and performance.
- Over the year our team will grow and you will play a key role mentoring other developers, leading best practices, code reviews and shaping the stack.
- You will help shape our work flows by working on continuous integration, deployment and testing processes.
- Create coding standards and methodologies.
- You will plan our cloud architecture for speed, performance and scalability.
- Leading an “always on” program of iteration and innovation for our customer experience.
- Inspiring the team with new ideas and solutions.
- And generally writing awesome code!
Our platform is the most important thing we do as a business. As such, we are looking to meet outstandingly brilliant characters with unreasonably high standards.
If we could wave a magic wand and hire our dream person for this role, you would:
- Have 5+ years developing experience at start-ups, agencies or software companies.
- You will be a conscious developer who thinks outside your IDE and applies your problem skills from debugging to business issues.
- Be product focused and know what we deliver affects end users.
- Possess a hacker’s wit and speed but be pragmatic to think about the long term.
- You love code, languages and idiosyncrasies of the dev world.
- Whilst we have .NET at the core of our stack, we’re pragmatic about other technologies and open-minded about your technology background.
- You enjoy learning, are interested in emerging tech and frequent sites like Hacker News and Coding Horror.
- Experienced in cloud architecture from servers, storage, queues, web jobs and elastic.
- You can model complex business objects into databases.
- You are not interested in building something good. Only in building something mind-blowingly amazing.
- You need to be proactive, self-motivated and prepared for start-up life.
- You will be autonomous and self-managing when needed.
- You will be a dedicated team player; we’ve got your back so make sure you have ours.
YOUR TECH SKILLS & OUR STACK
As we grow so does our stack and processes. Our current obsessions are data, performance and scalability. Experience in our stack and beyond would be highly desirable.
- C#, .Net, MVC, Core, Web API, EF
- Cloud infrastructure, AWS, Azure
- Queues, relational databases, document databases, elastic
- Redis / Fastly / Imgix
- Cloud, distributed, architectural design patterns
- OO and software design patterns
- Building REST API and services
- Code optimization / performance
- CI / CD, TeamCity
- Integration and unit testing frameworks
- Sublime, Visual Studio, ReSharper
- Bitbucket, Git, Slack
- Be part of a close knit and growing tech team that are going places.
- Learning, learning and learning! Over the next months and years you will have worked on a variety of development tasks that pushed boundaries.
- You will be influencing a platform that will be a game changer.
- You inevitably be one of the most sought after developers in London.
- Own stuff. A lot of stuff. You will have tons of responsibility and own your “projects”
- Be a team member of what we think will be one of the most famous start-ups of the next 10 years.
- Competitive salary. (depending on skill set and responsibilities)
- Option scheme: Our ambitions are huge and we hope it pays out for all.
- Work daily alongside an incredibly talented team, who have already build and sold a successful products and businesses.
- Be part of a transparent and open culture.
- Work on a stack that you can call your own.
The services of ABrecruit are those of an employment agency