Website + benefits + equity
VP of Technology – leading FinTech – to £125k basic. London.
You will be leading an incredibly smart group of engineers, product owners, and data engineers who are passionate about our product as well as technical environment. We have taken the utmost care when hiring and have built a clever team of high calibre individuals who work effectively and efficiently towards building an extraordinary product. We give our technical staff the freedom to drive innovation themselves : we have a strong DevOps culture and believe CI/CD/Testing are the only ways to innovate at scale.
We are growing several effective leaders in our engineering and product teams – current initiatives they are leading include delivery of two wholly new products and an overhaul of our development processes. You will work closely with these leaders, ideally providing strategic leadership yourself while they execute on agreed plans.
- Lead the tech team as a whole ensuring all parts work effectively together as they grow
- Help your staff grow and learn – both in improved management skills and better software speed and quality – and coach emerging leaders
- Help remove obstacles to productivity and help the technical team make meaningful, deliverable commitments
- Work with senior leaders and the tech team to discover, refine, and execute on strategic plans for new products and initiatives
- Create close working relationships with other key executives at the company (Marketing, Sales, Product, Operations, Risk) to understand their domain area, and find ways that product & engineering can help
- Serve as a voice to balance out various competing interests, estimate complexity and relative benefits, so as to help the leadership team make appropriate global tradeoffs
- Develop, track and control the budgets for technology teams.
OUR TECHNICAL ENVIRONMENT:
Apart from our CRM System, all of our software, including the application forms, trading infrastructure, and payments gateway, has been developed in-house. Our core platform is built in .Net C# and AngularJS but the choice of technologies is continually evolving. Our data team is currently working in R, python, NodeJS and F#.
The buck stops with you on all matters technical – design, product, engineering, and data – and you will be responsible to leaders in each of those areas for coaching them to perform to their best, and to the senior management team for on-time delivery and high quality. You will distil technical ideas into simple effective plans, working closely with our product owners and software developers to drive their execution. You will be at the heart of a dialogue between technical and non-technical staff, helping both sides to negotiate effectively and produce on-time, valuable products.
YOU CAN OFFER:
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Evangelism and advocacy for your technical and managerial ideas
- A validated background in recruiting, retaining, and leading product and development teams
- Substantial experience in negotiating with technical partners and software vendors
- Experience coaching team members, including leaders of teams, to improve
- A desire to build cutting edge digital products and services
- A track record of leading and scaling effective technology teams
- Communication with credibility and gravitas both internally and externally
The services of ABrecruit are those of an employment agency.